If anyone has Alan Titchmarsh’s phone number, there is a seriously harmful garden pest we need to warn him about.
Comment on YT by video owner:
“Three shrubs have been growing against the brick wall of this home for several years. They had such healthy and thick growth that a robin built her nest above the old electrical meter that had been here for years.
About three months ago, the old but perfectly servicable electric meter was removed and replaced with a ‘smart meter’ which sends information to the electrical utility company by microwave radiation signals.
This meter sends signals almost continuously, as can be seen and heard by the radio frequency meter readings. The damage caused by the radiation can be seen very clearly in this video. The harm to the shrub is much worse close to the meter and the damage decreases with the distance. At about three metres away, the shrub is quite healthy with bright green leaves. The leaves closest to the meter appear to be dried and diseased.
According to Health Canada, microwave radiation at this level, which is below their safety standards, does not cause biological harm.
The resident of this home has suffered sleep problems since the meter was installed.”
(In case you missed it, check out last week’s story about cress failing to germinate next to a WiFi router too)